Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Walk in the Park for a Biblical Creationist.

It was a lovely day to go to the park so there I was today and Biblical Creationist material is most times useful so I had some with me. Along came a young man who was open to conversation.

I was able to elicit from the young man that he regarded himself to be Christian but did not attend church. I cannot be confident he is Christian but the topic of Creation came up as one might expect it would if one knows me. The young man seemed really interested and commented that this was a subject he wondered about but didn't know where to find out about it.

A fulsome explanation was given to the young man and, given he had Chinese heritage, he was particularly interested to hear how the ancient Chinese language, in written form, has characters relating to the Trinity, the creation of Eve from Adam's side, and The Flood. He was interested in more so I gave him the resources I had and he gave me his email address and asked me to send him more information. He also indicated he would like to join with me during the week to see about obtaining a book dealing with the ancient Chinese language and Creation.

I am keen to pursue further discussions with this young man so that I can ascertain his discipleship needs and means to being firmly anchored in faith in Jesus Christ, Creator, Lord and Saviour.

This was an encounter which went somewhere in conversation and which has much follow up potential because of the introduction of a subject which he had keenness to pursue further - Jesus Christ Creator. This was an encounter which, according to Sydney Episcopalian (Anglican) methodology, should have not taken the course it did.

Let's see where it goes.

Sam Drucker

1 comment:

John said...

I go to these council fairs quite regularly and I never see the Sydney Anglican heretics there. Why is that?

Could it be because they're all into Barth and have lost their evangelical edge? And could it be because Barth himself didn't really believe in the historicity of Genesis? Who knows?