Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Women’s dresses and the finest moonshine

Yes, here they go again, that Son of the Lord Archbishop of Sydney and his gang of tough guys, demanding we provide evidence that his dad called creationists ‘hillbillies’. There’s Michael, son of the Lord of Sydney, day in and day out, psittacinely barking out his self-righteous demand for proof.

OK, son of the Lord of the Sydney Diocese, allow me to infer something from your demand. I can obviously draw the conclusion that you don’t trust us, that you reckon we are spreading a bit of bullshit about your dear old dad, the Lord of the Sydney Diocese. So, if we can’t give you a ‘what’ and a ‘where’, we would have to make a sincere apology to all and sundry, including your dad, the Lord Archbishop, your dad (oh, heck, I’m repeating myself. Never mind, you should be proud of your dad, all those things he’s accomplished in life. Someone has to be, I guess.) Is that what you want if we can’t give you quotes and sources? Is it? Or are you just being an honourable son and standing up for your dear old dad and protecting him from the slanderous accusations of the creationists?

Which brings me to my second point: What’s so wrong about calling creationists “hillbillies”?

John

7 comments:

Craig Schwarze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

Actually Craig,

We were wondering the same thing about you: astrological signs, Chinese animal year, Megadeath, Alice Cooper, which martial art can kick butt on the street better than another?

Are you really a Christian? Indeed, are you not some pagan, New Age wuss, taking the piss out of us Christians?

I have yet to hear one single intellectual argument from Scripture about Genesis 1, Exodus 20 and 11 from you yet.

John

Warwick said...

Yes John, I had wondered about Craigs weirdo spooky stuff-star signs, Zodiac year? Doesn't sound like a Biblically inspired life focus. Just the opposite.

Unknown said...

You guys are weak. I'm all for strongly arguing for a point you truly believe in but this post is shameful. You sledge a guy that any Anglican diocese (heck any Christian demonination) should be stoked to have who has openly and publically pushed the gospel into the public sphere, we ask you to back up your accusations (which isn't an unfair ask) and you dish out this rubbish?

John said...

Lee,

I have considerable difficulty following your complaint. After all - and I'm only going from memory as Craig did a cowardly, but unsurprising, bolt - Craig said we weren't Christian because we think evolution a pagan heresy that Christians have opted for. So I and a contributor asked him about his pagan beliefs e.g. the zodiac, martial arts etc.

But then again, as I've argued elsewhere, the gnosticism that Sydney Anglicanism promotes carries with it a large degree of irrationality.

BTW, re our not putting up Jensen's nasty quotes, someone we don't know did. I will put the rest of them in a new blog. But I don't think they will affect you to change your mind because nothing Jensen Snr says can be nasty because he's the Lord Archbishop of Sydney.

John

Warwick said...

You know I head off to the wilds of Queensland (on Virgin-bad crampety seats)for just a few days and the Anglosnasties have skedaddled, hit the road, wimped out, scarpered, they got nuthin! Lots of questions asked and few (any?) answers. Lots of angst but little if anything of substance. Whah happin?

It only goes to show that when you start with the wrong premise-i.e. God can't write clearly and man is the authority- you end up at the wrong place, confused and lost.

Again I ask what's with the word verification nonsense- again I ask-is anyone actually out there- since when is jemfgbcz a word? BTW things I wrote never got on either. So Michael may be right youse is bad boys.

Warwick said...

John, I haven't ever placed a blog upon the Anglo Forum nor read it as much as you obviously have. I just did some reading and something Jesus said (Matthew 23:24) came to mind "You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel." They appear to grind on and on arguing about obscure words and meanings while at the same time swallowing worldly philosophies whole. Blind guides indeed -I don't see much if anything there which gives light and hope to a perishing world. What a waste of God-given talent.