Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2007

For whom the bell does Cheng

Here we have, on the one hand, a worthy of this diocese criticising a brother because he quotes the language used against him (and I know, librarians typically have to put up with this sort of talk), and uses some colourful language of his own, but on the other, not checking for logs closer to home.

Gordon, do you not permit the title ‘Reverend’ in relation to yourself? Despite that only God is to be revered and that in Matthew Jesus tells us not to take honours to ourselves? I’d prefer profanity to blasphemy any day (ref Matt 23:6-10 and an article by Darryl Erkel at http://www.5solas.org “Church Leaders & The Use of Honorific Titles”).

I also know of a clergyman who affects to be repelled by profanity, but was once quite happy to undermine a senior minister’s work by claiming that said senior minister didn’t represent the gospel. Ring any bells Gordon (James 3:8)?

1 comment:

Ktisophilos said...

I've posted this before, but let's see if Cheng will respond this time:

CMI has published a testimony from a lady called Sonia, who said she was saved through creation materials. Praise God that she didn't go to the great encourager Rev. Gordon Cheng, because imagine the following dialogue (based on his actual comments on the AngloCompromise site):

Sonia: Rev. Cheng, I was an obstinate atheist, but a workmate shared these articles from Creation magazine, and after two years, they convinced my stubborn heart that there really is a Creator:

Cheng: Sonia,this is just a side issue; just trust in Jesus.

Sonia: Rev, with all due respect, this was not a side issue for ME. I had to know that the whole Bible could be trusted.

Cheng: You shouldn't believe this moronic stuff from creationists. They might even be demon possessed.

Sonia: How can you say that? They have very convincing arguments, even enough to break through my rebellious skull, and make me realise my need for Christ.

Cheng: Hume clocked those design arguments 200 years ago. Anyone can see that there is silly design, like koala pouches.

Sonia: if a Rev. like you doesn't believe his own book, I don't know what to believe any more :(